HB2009 Instructions for Abstracts
Abstract Submissions: Guidelines and Instructions
Note: Abstracts are no longer being accepted
The organizers of the Ninth International Healthy Buildings Conference and Exhibition invite you to submit an abstract of your recent work for presentation at ISIAQ's Healthy Buildings 2009 Conference hosted by the SyracuseCoE and to be held in Syracuse, NY USA, Sept. 13-17, 2009.
The success of HB2009 relies on contributed papers of your recent research and your participation in the conference.
All abstracts must be submitted on-line using the web-based system. A link to abstract submission system is provided here and at the conference web page: hb2009.org. The following provides details required for a successful abstract submission:
- Abstracts are due on or before February 6, 2009. You will be notified of acceptance or rejection of your abstract via email by March 1, 2009.
- Abstract size is limited to 400 words.
- Each abstract must be submitted by the "corresponding" author of the work.
- We encourage abstracts of current unpublished work and on-going work not yet presented at other conferences.
- Follow abstract page instructions to complete required name and contact information.
- Select one of the Primary Topics and a corresponding Sub-Topic Area (by selecting from a drop-down menu) that fit your abstract closely. Primary Topics and Sub-Topic Areas are also available in the Call for Abstracts brochure at the conference website: hb2009.org.
- Enter the abstract in the text box provided.
- You may also upload a Microsoft Word or PDF file of your abstract. At the abstract text section, select the option to upload a file. The abstract file must be written in New Times Roman 12-point font. Title and author information should not be included in the abstract file.
- All abstracts must be in English, the official language of HB2009.
- The abstract submission system will provide a confirmation email. If your abstract is found to be “incomplete,” the system will notify you via e-mail—you can then log-in and complete the abstract.